Monday, February 14, 2005  

Entry Hole Into My Heart.



Just got back from a non-romantic lunch with my husband over at Murphy's. I tried holding Andrew's hand across the table and looking soulfully into his eyes but he just tried to play "thumb war" with me and repeatedly dabbed his napkin to his face asking, "What? Do I have something on my chin? Why are you looking at me like that?"

When we first started dating (four years ago) Andrew had taken me out for dinner (and maybe a movie?) and we had stopped for late night dessert and coffee at Murphy's. We spent the first few months of our courtship blissfully inebriated and I remember stumbling around the front of the restaurant, which was covered in plastic, trying to find the front door. I walked around for a while, poking at the plastic flaps and turned to Andrew, yelling "I can't find the damn ENTRY HOLE!"

He almost fell on the pavement he was laughing so hard.

After we finally located the "entry hole" we were seated, ordered coffee and listened to the waiter recite the dessert specials. Andrew got a funny look on his face after our server walked away and after a while I asked him what was wrong.

"Well. The winter fruit tart that the waiter mentioned? It sounded good but....he said it comes with a......pork rind sauce?"

I stared at him for a minute, trying to figure out what in hell he was talking about. And then,

"Oh my god. PORT WINE SAUCE! Port wine! Not PORK RIND!"


Four years later we are still just two idiots who can't find the entry hole and ponder the fruit tart with pork rind sauce.

| posted by Mary | 2/14/2005 02:00:00 PM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!