Thursday, March 03, 2005  

And The Staaaaaaars Look Very Different Todaaaaaaay......



Ever since I watched "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou" a few months ago I've been in the mood to listen to David Bowie. I went to Border's during lunch today and bought a "Best Of" compilation, which I've been listening to at work all day. I'm totally transported back to 8th grade, laying on the floor of my bedroom listening to "Space Oddity" on my tape deck. I thought it was really deep or something, I don't know. Anyway, good trip down memory lane.

Dare mo shiranai



Last night Kimberly and I went to the Landmark to watch "Nobody Knows", which is ending tonight so if you're into subtitles and heartbreaking stories I recommend it. It was very good but so sad. Based on a true story that happened in Tokyo in 1988, it's about a single mother and four children (fathered by four different absent fathers) who move into an apartment (the landlord thinks she has one child so the other three are smuggled in) and the children don't go to school or go outside. The mother is flighty in a sort of fun and lovable way but after a while she leaves the children with some money and a promise that she'll be back for Christmas. She never comes back. The oldest son tries to keep everything together but eventually they run out of money, have their power shut off, run out of food, etc. It was pretty depressing. But, beautifully shot and really interesting to watch.

Oh, also at the Landmark this weekend - the Midnight Movie is one of my favorites, "Rushmore!" So very good....

| posted by Mary | 3/03/2005 08:39:00 AM
Previously
For More Info
Favorite Reads

Amalah
Boy Girl Party
Currently
Daily Bite
Da*xiang
Defective Yeti
Dooce
Foodgoat
Karen Cheng
Keri Smith
LJC Blog
LoobyLu
Mighty Girl
Momo Freaks Out
More Than Donuts
Not Martha
Peppermint Tina
Pound
Que Sera Sera
The Random Muse
Right Moon
Snarkywood
Suburban Bliss
Superhero Journal
Swoozie Ramblings

Atlanta Bloggers

Cap'n Ken
Coffee Achiever
hollismb
Lady Crumpet
Mingaling
Rambling Robin
Scott Strader
Sitting in the Window...
Titus Barik
Atlanta Blogs




Free interactive commenting by www.SquawkBox.tv - click to sign-up!